We are looking for caring people to work alongside individuals, to support and encourage them to live happy independent lives. Every day is different, as are the lives of our customers, you could be supporting someone to go shopping in town, helping them to make a meal, administering medication, or taking part in various fun, leisure activities.
Shift patterns will vary from early shifts to late and will include some weekend working. Rota’s are agreed by team members to deliver the best support for our customers.
You will need
Experience tells us that the right values and attitudes are the most important things when recruiting people to support our customers, not just experience. We are looking for individuals who are kind, patient and believe in promoting the rights of people with learning disabilities and supporting them to have happy, independent lives. We need you to demonstrate your ability to learn and understand our customers and in return we will support you to build a rewarding career in social care.
We will offer
Job satisfaction and the knowledge that you are making a difference to people’s lives, plus:
- Salary increases after probation
- Unsociable hours enhancements
- Holiday increasing with service
- Paid training and comprehensive induction
- Training and support to achieve The Care Certificate and NVQ qualifications
- Competitive company pension scheme, matching up to 8% of salary
- Co-operative flexible benefits
- Free DBS
- Opportunity to purchase additional holiday
- Our sites offer free parking and most are accessible by public transport. (Roles in our Independence Plus service, will require people to have their own transport to get to our customers in the community. Travelling time is paid plus a mileage rate of 45p per mile.)
If you would like to join the team as a Support Worker in Leading Lives please click on APPLY NOW or download your application form. For more information please contact us on 01473 406776.