Support Worker – Independence Plus Service
Full and part-time roles available within the service - please state your preference within your application. Actual salary dependent on contracted hours.
Are you passionate about ensuring the best opportunities for vulnerable adults? Do you want to work for an award-winning social care company? Do you have the skills to support our customers to lead an independent life?
- Salary increase following a successful probation period
- Competitive salary and pension scheme, matching up to 8%
- Holiday package, increasing with service and the opportunity to purchase additional holiday
- Comprehensive and bespoke training, including full induction
- Opportunities to complete a Care Certificate, QCF and develop your career through our Career Pathway
- Flexible working opportunities
- Occupational sick pay
Leading Lives provides social care support for people with learning disabilities, autism and complex needs in the home and in the community across Suffolk and neighbouring counties. We are a not-for-profit social enterprise, owned by our employees. Any surplus we make is reinvested back into services for our customers or into the local community.
We are currently recruiting for a Support Worker within our Independence Plus service in Sudbury. Independence Plus is an exciting model of support, enabling people to truly live the life they choose. The support is tailored to individual’s needs for those who are 13 years and above into adulthood. As a service provider we will be flexible to support a diverse range of needs.
As Support Worker, your key responsibilities will include:
- Support a range of customers to live independently and complete day to day activities
- Identify and assist with opportunities within the local community
- Provide intimate personal care according to individual needs
- Maintain dignity and respect at all times
- Communicate effectively and sensitively with customers
- Liaise effectively with families and carers
- Where appropriate, administer medication in line with Company policy
Whilst experience in a similar organisation/role would be advantageous, we believe that the right values and attitudes are also important when recruiting new staff.
Ideally we are looking for applicants with a full driving licence and access to their own vehicle, as per service needs.
- You believe everyone should always be treated with dignity and respect
- You will listen to customers and work flexibly to meet their needs
- You ensure customers have choice and control over how they are supported
- You believe everyone has the right to progress in life, experience new opportunities and learn new skills
- You are passionate that people should live safely in their communities, treated equally and feel safe.
Please note due to the nature of the work we do and our service users, all Leading Lives appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
If you would like to discuss the opportunity of working as part of our friendly team, please contact us on 01787-321882 for further details or complete the online application form. All candidates will be contacted following interview.