Leading Lives is an award winning social care company providing support across Suffolk to adults with learning disabilities. We enable vulnerable people to live full, active lives in their own communities by supporting them to lead the life they choose.
All of our regulated services are rated as Good by the Care Quality Commission. This means you can be confident that you are joining an employer that provides excellent staff training. We are a not-for profit social enterprise, which means any profits we make are reinvested back into the business and the local community.
We are also employee-owned which means you will have a say in the running or our business and all staff have the opportunity to be on the Board of Directors.
We will offer:
- Award winning employee-owned social enterprise
- Competitive salary, with increases after probation
- Opportunities to share in company success through a cooperative membership bonus
- Competitive Company Pension Scheme, matching up to 8%
- Holiday, increasing with service and the opportunity to purchase additional holiday
- Occupational sick pay
- Weekend and Bank holiday enhancements
- Business mileage 45p mile
- Cooperative flexible benefits – cycle to work, staff discount schemes
- Credit Union – loans and savings
- Flexible working – chance to work across different services, meeting new people and gaining a range of experience to develop a rewarding career in social care.
- Comprehensive paid induction and training. Staff will achieve The Care Certificate which is a nationally recognised qualification.
- Free DBS
- Annual Performance Appraisal and Development scheme
- All staff are expected to complete an appropriate qualification (QCF level 3 or 5 depending on their role)
- Career Pathway Scheme – promoting opportunity for all staff to develop personally and professionally.
- Recognition & Reward scheme – AGM Awards presentation
- Generous sleep in rates
- Refer a friend scheme
- Award winning apprenticeship scheme
- Occupational Health support
- Free parking - Our sites offer free parking and most are accessible by public transport. (Roles in our Independence Plus service, will require people to have their own transport to get to our customers in the community. Travelling time is paid plus a business mileage rate of 45p per mile.)
As a Support Worker you are likely to work across all of our services
. Take a look at our stories
to find out more about how we support our customers.
Our current vacancies are listed below. Apply for one of our listed jobs by clicking on the vacancy of your choice, you will be able to view the advertisement and job description.
For general employment queries, please e-mail us on email@example.com
or telephone us on 01473 406776
A Day in the Life of ...
A Question of Care: A Career for YOU?
|Do you enjoy seeing people get the most out of each day and achieve what they want in life? This is what a career in care is all about!
Try our interaction video challenge 'A Question of Care: a Career for YOU' to see what career in care is like. At the end you'll receive a detailed personal profile that tells you if you've got what it takes to join us!
Night Support Worker
Bury St Edmunds
| Permanent, 20 hours per week
| Starting hourly rate from £8.07
Closing date: 08 March 2019 |
| Temporary, 15 to 37 hours per week
| Starting hourly rate from £8.07 rising to £8.15 after probation
Closing date: 15 March 2019 | Interview date: 22 March 2019